Applies an XML tag to the selected object or a piece of text within the selected object. Creates a the tag if it hasn’t been already.
- Works On
- This action works on tags in the current selection.
- Changes Selection
- This action does not change the selection.
- Tag Location Drop-down
- Provides different options for what to tag.
- Object – Tags an object from the current selection.
- Text - Tags a specific string of text in the current selection.
- Text Position – Tags a string of text in the current selection based on its location in the frame.
- Specifies which variable’s value you would like to set as the text. This parameter is not visible if the Map Tags To Variables option is selected from the Get Text Type Drop-down, since it’s replaced by the Mapping table.
- Tag Name Field
- (string) The name of the XML tag to tag the object or text with. This tag will be created if it hasn’t been already.
This parameter is visible when the Text option is selected from the Tag Location drop-down.
- Text Field
- (string) The text to tag.
Text Position Parameters
These parameters are visible when the Tag Position option is selected from the Tag Location drop-down.
- Start Position
- (number) The first character to tag. Entering 1 tags the first character in the frame.
- End Position
- (number) The last character to tag.