Resizes the selected objects’ bounding box to another object’s edge. The edge of the selected objects’ bounding box that is closest to the edge specified in the Snap Edge Drop-down menu will be the one snapped. The Keep Distance Of field uses the units from the document ruler, and attempting to insert units in this field will raise an error.
- Works On
- This action works on objects within the current spread.
- Changes Selection
- This action does not change the selection.
- Snap Edge Drop-down
- The edge of the other object for the selected objects’ bounding box to snap to.
Snap To Object Parameters
Tells Fuga how to find the object to snap the selected objects’ bounding box to. If multiple objects are found, the flow will not know which object to snap to and an error will be raised.
- Object Name Field
- (string) The name of the object to snap the selected objects’ bounding box to.
- In Parent Check-box
- Specifies if you would like to search for the object to snap to only in a specific Super Group or if you would like to search for it in the entire active page or spread.
- Unchecked – Default. Searches for objects across the current spread or active page.
- Checked – Searches for objects within a specified Super Group.
- Parent Name
- (string) The name of the Super Group in which to search for objects.
- Active Page Check-box
- Specifies if you would like to search for the object in the active page or the active spread.
- Unchecked – Searches for the object to snap to in the active spread. This includes the pasteboard (i.e., the area around the pages).
- Checked – Default. Searches for the object to snap to in the active page. This does not include the pasteboard.
- Keep Distance Of Field
- (number) The distance to keep between the selected object’s bounding box and the other object’s edge. If left on the default value of 0, no space will be kept between the edges. Whether or not this distance is an internal margin or an external margin is dependent upon which edge of the selected objects’ bounding box is being snapped (which is based on which edge is closest to the other object’s edge). If it is the same edge, the selected objects bounding box will be snapped to the internal margin, if it’s the opposite edge they it will be snapped to the external margin.